Are You Experiencing Electrical Problems in Your Car? Posted on Apr 10 2018
The newer your car, the more complex its electrical system will be. Between the onboard computer, sensors and other very advanced electronic components, it can be very complicated. Of course, nowadays we also have hybrid and electric vehicles that have even more sophisticated electronics. Even the oldest of cars have electrical wiring and batteries to worry about.
Without properly functioning electrical systems, your car simply won’t run. That’s why it’s important to make sure everything is working well. The wiring needs to be correct. The sensors need to be functioning. The connections shouldn’t be loose or corroded. The battery should have a full charge. In other words, there are numerous things to care for and thus many different things that can go wrong with your vehicle’s electrical system.
Bill’s Quality Auto Care in Simi Valley, CA offers exceptional auto electric repair and maintenance services. We have a knowledgeable team of ASE Certified automotive technicians and an advanced repair shop equipped with the latest tools and diagnostics machines. Below is a list of common auto electric problems you should be aware of. If you notice any of these issues in your vehicles, call Bill’s Quality Auto Care today.
- Car Won’t Turn On – Obviously, if your vehicle won’t fire up, then it could be a number of issues including the battery, starter, engine or electronic failure. It is important to get the vehicle checked out and repaired by an expert.
- Check Engine Light – If your check engine light is flashing, it is something you’ll want to get inspected and tested immediately. It could be an electrical problem or some other significant engine concern.
- Fire or Smoke – Any fire or smoke coming from your vehicle is a major cause for concern. It is often an electrical issue caused by a poor connection.
- Other Dashboard Warning Lights – Electrical systems are extremely complex and there are many different sensors located throughout the vehicle. Whether a sensor fails or there is a significant problem, those warning lights on your dashboard are there for a reason. Bill’s Quality Auto Care can perform a thorough inspection and run diagnostic tests to get to the source of the issue.
- Electrical Malfunctions – Naturally, if electronic components (windows, door locks, radio, navigation system, lights, etc.) are not working right, then you may have an electrical problem that you will want to resolve.