BMW Scheduled Service
The BMW Maintenance System has been devised with the following objectives: maximize vehicle safety, reliability, and minimize breakdowns resulting from wear, at minimum cost. The Service Interval Light system will indicate when you are due for service based on your driving habits.
Bill’s Quality Auto Care Maintenance Service Interval Packages
At Bill’s Quality Auto Care, we take great care in following and exceeding BMW maintenance guidelines in order to maintain superior handling, ultimate performance, and most importantly safety and reliability for you and your BMW. However the real value of our service is our expertise and familiarity with the problem areas, common failure points, and the practical service needs of your particular BMW model. For all BMW repairs that are performed we recommend using BMW original equipment parts.
BMW Service Countdown System
The Service Countdown is an alternate display that appears in the instrument cluster when you first start your BMW. Instead of color coded lights, this system displays the mileage remaining until your next service is due and the words “Oil Service or Inspection”, indicating what is due when the countdown is completed. The purpose of this system is identical to the Service Interval light system. It helps the BMW owner plan for their pending services in a convenient manner.
Bill’s Quality Auto Care Standard Maintenance Service
Follows BMW’s factory guidelines step by step and meets all BMW factory warranty requirements. Please refer to your owner’s manual for a detailed description of these services for your model year of BMW 1 Series, BMW 3 Series, BMW 5 Series, BMW 6 Series, BMW 7 Series, BMW Z Series, BMW M Series, and BMW X Series.
The BMW service intervals consist of four main service groups.
- Oil Service: Engine oil and filter change and additional preventative maintenance services.
- Inspection I: Major vehicle maintenance as specified in your Service Booklet.
- Inspection II: Additional major vehicle maintenance as specified in your Service Booklet.
- Bill’s Quality Auto Care recommends an intermediate vehicle inspection service in between BMW mileage based oil change services to check tire pressures, fluid levels and conditions
Bill’s Quality Signature Mid-Service for BMW (between regular oil change services)
Inspect and Report all tire pressures (including the spare)
Inspect and Report all fluid levels and conditions
Battery and charging system test for condition and life expectancy of battery
Check and top off washer system
Check brake fluid with a state approved chemical test
Inspect all vehicle lighting and check horn
Also, there are additional services that are recommended periodically, which consist of:
- If your BMW is equipped with a timing belt (M20 engine), the timing belt should be replaced every 4 years or 50,000 miles whichever occurs first.
- Oxygen sensor replacement (Recommended every 100,000 miles)